The East Of The Netherlands – A Holiday Destination For Adventurers
The East of the Netherlands is a region as diverse as it is beautiful. This is the perfect place to go for a holiday if you are looking for different cultures, wonderful landscapes, and top-notch food. The region is small, but it is bursting with variety. You can explore the most urban and the most rural parts of the Netherlands in one day.
The place is full of charming small villages to explore, beautiful autumn scenery, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor sports.
If you are looking to embrace country life in the Eastern Netherlands, you should use the information guide of Visit Twente. Twente is quite popular among tourists. It has many beautiful landscapes such as natural reserves, monumental buildings which are centuries old. The different locations that are rich with culture are Diepenheim, Enschede, and many more.
Here are four things to do in the East of the Netherlands, if your idea is a perfect holiday in the East of the Netherlands.
Explore the urban and rural culture
- Ootmarsum is a unique artists’ village. A trip to the historic district, with its cobblestone alleys, amusing shops, and several galleries, is an adventure.
- King’s Day is celebrated in April when revelries in honor of the king take place with numerous traditional stalls set up.
- The Netherlands has a rich variety of state-maintained museums such as the Openluchtmuseum.
- You can get to experience the traditional Easter which will be a delight to the eyes. The Easter fires called Poasboakes are exceptional for the small distance from the fire to fire and the size.
- Sallandse Heuvelrug National Park is a thrilling place to visit where you can enjoy the natural landscape. It provides many outdoor activities as well.
- The Speulderbos forest is a historic forest area with a diverse array of Oak and Birch trees. It includes eateries, a museum, and a sculpture park for people to view and enjoy.
Gets your adrenaline pumping with outdoor activities?
- To explore the outdoors, you can go cycling through different trails. Mountain biking routes have different flat paths as well as artificial obstacles.
- Happen & Tuffen is a route in the north-eastern Netherlands. You drive through the magnificent, distinctive scenery, past forests, pastures, old farms, and watermills.
- You can enjoy the country life if you are out to run, cycle or in your car.
Eat and Drink
The Netherlands will surprise you with its different cuisines and exotic food. In bars across the country, you can always find beer which is the most popular drink. Cheese of different types makes up a major part of the food in the country that you must try along with wine.
If you are looking for a weekend getaway, the east of Holland will surprise you with its paradise-like cities and landscapes with cultural elements. The holiday will not only be a new experience for you but also provide enriching cultural values. Take your time and adore the art and culture of the rich heritage-filled Netherlands.